KQ and QK are chock-full of weird and wacky events. Here are a few events we’ve done for KQ and QK in the past.
- Blindfolded finger-painting Pictionary with condiments
- Curtiss to Beardshear run wearing as much clothing as possible
- Iron Chef
- Find a person painted blue on Cyride
- Song cover contest using trash as instruments
- Rube Goldberg machine that makes a sandwich
Scavenger Hunt Items
Scavenger hunts are some of the most beloved parts of KQ and QK. Below are some of the wacky items we’ve asked teams to find.
- Stacy’s mom
- A blade of grass 88.5 mm long
- Two people, the older person double the younger person’s age
- A Nepalese flag constructed using the instructions in the Nepalese Constitution
- A greeting card for a life event no one wants a greeting card for
- A strawberry with all the seeds picked off
- Fart shoes
Questions are the heart of KQ and QK. Try out some of our favorite trivia questions we’ve previously stumped teams with.
- For how many years was there a banana for a head?
- What note do the bassoons play in the fifth measure of the Largo of Prokofiev’s 6th Symphony?
- In 1935, Jean Nesinwanger won money for naming ISU’s swans Lancelot and Elaine. If she killed a trumpeter swan in Iowa today, she would have to pay a damage fee. How many pairs of swans would Jean have had to name in 1935 in order to pay off this damage fee today?
- MIDI and DMX are both subsets of serial communication standards. The area code equal to the sum of their respective supersets belongs to which state?
- If you have 100 cents but you’re completely broke, what do you have?
- What was the first line Malcolm Reynolds spoke on television?
- In over ten languages, a certain sea animal is named after a certain mythological monster. What animal is this?
- How much taller is the tallest man in the world than the tallest man on earth, in barleycorns?
KQ and QK involve lots of photo challenges, and the bizarre events create many ridiculous photo ops. Here are some of our favorite photos from KQ and QK.
Peer-reviewed scientific studies have shown that there is a direct correlation between having a good team name and winning Kaleidoquiz and Quickykwiz. Check out some cool team names from The Past!
- Mr. Roger’s Neighborhoodlems
- Return of the drunKQ
- Piglet is About to go H.A.M.
- Hashtag, yolo swag 26 hours or bust!
- It Was the Best of Times, It was the Busta Rhymes
- Quiz In My Pants
- all doge go to heaven
- Such K. So Q. 2 much kwestshun. Wow montaj. Very tire. Moar cafeen.
- Alpha Beta Pi Sigma Theta Rho Ottoman
- Vandalay Industries